Author(s): Stephanie Bishop-Hall
Have you ever wondered how beer would taste if drunk from a small animal carcass? Ever wanted to add goats' brains, beard hair, bull's testicles, hemp or pizza to your brew? Well, it turns out someone already has - and the results are surprisingly delightful.
Brewed With Balls features 68 of the weirdest, wildest and most wonderful beers on the planet, created with ingredients and brewing techniques that push the boundaries in all directions. From squid's ink to collagen to whole cherry pies, there's nothing these brewers won't use to make a beer. So the question for all beer lovers is: where would you draw the line?
The list includes:
* Rogue Ale's 'The Beard Beer,' which includes a piece of the brew master's beard as a source of yeast.
* Brewdog's 'The End of History,' which was served exclusively in the carcass of a squirrel or a stoat (some wearing tiny kilts or tuxedos).
* Borg Brugghus' IPA smoked with sheep poo.
* Sapporo's 'Space Beer' made from barley stored on the International Space Station.
* 'The Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout,' which is brewed with bulls' testicles.
* Dock Street Beer aged a golden saison with the music of Wu Tang Clan - Mp3 players were strapped to the barrels for six months.
* Lost Rhino's 'Bone Duster Amber Ale' brewed with yeast found in a 35 million-year-old whale bone.
* Short's Brewing Company's 'Bloody Beer,' brewed with roma tomatoes, black peppercorns, celery seeds, dill and horseradish to replicate a bloody Mary.
* 'Mamma Mia Pizza Beer' brewed with actual margarita pizzas.
* New Belgium's Coconut Curry flavoured Hefeweizen.
* Dupetit's 'Cannabia,' the first beer to be brewed with hemp.