Law for Nurses and Midwives
Author(s): Patricia Staunton; Mary Chiarella
Law for Nurses and Midwives continues to be the definitive health law text for nursing and midwifery students who are required to consider legal, professional and ethical considerations as part of their tertiary studies.
The 9th edition includes the latest updates to case law and information on nursing and midwifery governance and professional practice standards, outlining a range of legal issues and responsibilities specific to both nursing and midwifery practice, including consent to treatment, confidentiality, professional negligence and professional ethics.
Written by the most eminent experts in nursing and midwifery law in Australia, Patricia Staunton and Mary Chiarella, Law for Nurses and Midwives provides a comprehensive and accessible resource for nursing and midwifery students to understand the relevance of legal issues to the provision of safe and effective healthcare.
- NEW chapter:
- Chapter 9
The International Confederation of Midwives Code of ethics for midwives and the International Council of Nurses Code of ethics for nurses
- gives you the latest information on global standards for ethical practice
- Increased focus on midwives strengthens the text's relevance to midwifery practice
- Updated chapter content reflects changes to Australian state and territory legislation as well as new case reports keeping you fully informed on issues such as:
- nursing and midwifery professional practice standards;
- detailed consideration of the legal issues pertinent to mental health;
- consent to treatment, including the right to withhold consent and end-of-life planning;
- the contract of employment, including workplace health and safety and workers compensation.
- An eBook included in all print purchases
- : 9780729543484
- : Elsevier Health Sciences
- : Churchill Livingstone
- : July 2020
- : 21.00 cmmm X 15.00 cmmm X 2.20 cmmm
- : books
- : Patricia Staunton; Mary Chiarella
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 344.94041