Perianesthesia Nursing - A Critical Care Approach
Author(s): Cecil B. Drain; Jan Odom-Forren
As the touchstone for practicing perianesthesia nurses for 25 years, PeriAnesthesia Nursing: A Critical Care Approach, 5th Edition is the only book on the market that provides comprehensive clinical content specifically tailored to perianesthesia nurses. The book integrates nursing and pharmacologic interventions with detailed pathophysiology. Focusing on research, documentation, and psychosocial considerations, PeriAnesthesia Nursing: A Critical Care Approach is your complete resource for preparation for ASPAN certification and clinical practice.
- Includes the latest important information on the current policies and issues in the perianesthesia nursing field, including bioterrorism, managed care implications, and legal and ethical issues.
- Nursing and pharmacologic interventions integrated with in-depth coverage of pathophysiology provide a more comprehensive look at disease and treatment.
- Detailed discussions of the many types of anesthetic agents, including regional anesthesia agents, cover the physiology of action and the appropriate nursing interventions to be anticipated in the PACU keep you fully prepared for any situation.
- Coverage of special considerations for patients with conditions such as malignant hyperthermia, substance abuse, sickle cell anemia, and cardiac arrest help you provide better care for patients with these conditions.
- Editor of the Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing and author of Practical Guide to Moderate Sedation/Analgesia, Jan Odom-Forren teams with Cecil B. Drain to provide an even deeper look into perianesthesia nursing.
- Five distinct and comprehensive sections -- concept overview, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, nursing care, and special considerations -- make this text 5 books in 1.
- Four new chapters on Infection Control in the PACU, Research, Postanesthesia Care Complications, and Care for the Intensive Care Patient in the PACU cover the latest hot topics in perianesthesia nursing.
- Expanded chapters now cover patient safety using simulations, blood component therapy, guidelines for patient education and discharge planning, and continuous epidurals for even more information on topics you need to know.
- Over 100 illustrations and vibrant two-color design portray key perianesthesia techniques and principles, plus relevant anatomy and physiology.
- Each chapter now includes a chapter overview, glossary of key terms with definitions, a chapter summary, and a references/bibliography section.
- : 9781416034742
- : Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
- : 1.58757
- : January 2008
- : 1.44 Inches X 7.25 Inches X 10.25 Inches
- : books
- : Cecil B. Drain; Jan Odom-Forren
- : Hardback
- : English
- : 617.96
- : 888