Author(s): Geraint Fuller; Mark Manford
An introductory textbook of neurology in the Illustrated Colour Text series, making full use of all the usual features of the series - double page spreads, short paragraphs, summary boxes, attractive use of colour etc.
- Clear explanation of neurological examination - often found very taxing by students.
- Demonstrates how to approach common neurological presentations, such as blackouts and numbness, before moving on to a comprehensive coverage of syndromes and diseases.
- Concentrates on the core curriculum which the medical student really needs to know.
- Updated management in the light of new evidence and new drugs most notably in Parkinson's disease, epilepsy and multiple sclerosis.
- Images, particularly MRI scans, updated with more modern and higher resolution images.
- Includes a new double-page spread on Sleep.
- Extra material added on giddiness to include the head thrust test and Epley's manoeuvre.