Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry
The revised 13th edition of the essential reference for the prescribing of drugs for patients with mental health disorders
The revised and updated 13th edition of The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry provides up-to-date information, expert guidance on prescribing practice in mental health, including drug choice, treatment of adverse effects and how to augment or switch medications. The text covers a wide range of topics including pharmacological interventions for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety, and many other less common conditions. There is advice on prescribing in children and adolescents, in substance misuse and in special patient groups.
This world-renowned guide has been written in concise terms by an expert team of psychiatrists and specialist pharmacists. The Guidelines help with complex prescribing problems and include information on prescribing psychotropic medications outside their licensed indications as well as potential interactions with other medications and substances such as alcohol, tobacco and caffeine. In addition, each of the book's 165 sections features a full reference list so that evidence on which guidance is based can be readily accessed. This important text:
- Is the world's leading clinical resource for evidence-based prescribing in day-to-day clinical practice and for formulating prescribing policy
- Includes referenced information on topics such as transferring from one medication to another, prescribing psychotropic medications during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and treating patients with comorbid physical conditions, including impaired renal or hepatic function.
- Presents guidance on complex clinical problems that may not be encountered routinely
Written for psychiatrists, neuropharmacologists, pharmacists and clinical psychologists as well as nurses and medical trainees, The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry are the established reference source for ensuring the safe and effective use of medications for patients presenting with mental health problems.
- : 9781119442608
- : John Wiley & Sons, Limited
- : Wiley-Blackwell
- : May 2018
- : 2.8 Centimeters X 17.1 Centimeters X 24.3 Centimeters
- : books
- : David M. Taylor; Shitji Kapur; Carol Paton; Thomas R. E. Barnes; Allan H. Young
- : Paperback
- : 13
- : English
- : 872