Essential Surgery - Problems, Diagnosis and Management with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Essential Surgery is a comprehensive and highly illustrated textbook suitable for both clinical medical students as well junior surgical trainees, preparing for postgraduate qualifications in surgery such as the MRCS. Covering general surgery, trauma, orthopaedics, vascular surgery, paediatric surgery, cardiothoracic surgery and urology, it incorporates appropriate levels of basic science throughout. The book is ideal for modern clinical courses as well as being a practical manual for readers at more advanced levels. Its main aim is to stimulate the reader to a greater enjoyment and understanding of the practice of surgery.
- Essential Surgery incorporates a problem-solving approach wherever possible, emphasising how diagnoses are made and why particular treatments are used.
- The pathophysiological basis of surgical diseases is discussed in relation to their management, acting as a bridge between basic medical sciences and clinical problems.
- The uniformity of the writing style and the clarity of elucidation will encourage continued reading, while the emphasis on the principles of surgery will enable a real understanding of the subject matter.
- The book's extensive use of original illustrations, boxes and tables emphasises important concepts and will aid revision.
- The principles of operative surgery and perioperative care are explained together with outlines of common operations, enabling students and trainee surgeons to properly understand procedures and to participate intelligently in the operating department.
- A major revision of the text has taken full account of the progressive evolution of surgery and includes new concepts that have advanced medical understanding.
- New topics have been added to ensure the book's contents match the curriculum of the UK Intercollegiate MRCS examination, including patient safety, surgical ethics, communication, consent, clinical audit and principles of research.
- The broad experience of surgical teaching and training of two new authors has brought a fresh perspective on the book's contents and its presentation.
- New consensus guidelines for managing common disorders have been incorporated where appropriate.
- : 9780702046742
- : Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
- : Churchill Livingstone
- : September 2013
- : --- length: - '8.625' width: - '10.875' units: - Inches
- : books
- : Clive R. G. Quick (Editor); Joanna B. Reed; Simon J. F. Harper (Editor); Kourosh Saeb-Parsy; Philip J. Deakin
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 617
- : 688